According to the BWC website, the BWC began its switch to a prospective billing last year and now collects premiums upfront, an insurance industry standard practice. The new system has allowed BWC to reduce base rates and offer employers more flexible payment options while allowing employers to better forecast their workers’ compensation costs. For the full story click here.
Workers Comp News
- Ohio Supreme Court denies right to permanent partial disability to injured worker receiving permanent and total disability.
- Statute of Limitations to File Claims Reduced to 1 year
- Governor Kasich signs Michael Louis Palumbo Jr. Act
- Ohio law firm challenges BWC’s privacy statute
- BWC changes to prospective rating for employers