According to the BWC website, the BWC began its switch to a prospective billing last year and now collects premiums upfront, an insurance industry standard practice. The new system has allowed BWC to reduce base rates and offer employers more flexible payment options while allowing employers to better forecast their workers’ compensation costs. For the full story click here.
Workers Comp News
- Public Employers to save $21 million on latest WC rate cut
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation issues fact sheet on medical marijuana policy.
- Ohio BWC Enacts New Lumbar Fusion Surgery Rule
- Ohio BWC to give $1.5 billion back to employers.
- Ohio Supreme Court denies right to permanent partial disability to injured worker receiving permanent and total disability.