The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) Board of Directors approved a new opioid prescribing rule aimed at preventing opioid dependence and encouraging physicians to employ current best medical practices when treating injured workers with opioids. If approved the rule could become effective as of October 1, 2016. See Ohio BWC Website Summary Here.
Workers Comp News
- Public Employers to save $21 million on latest WC rate cut
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation issues fact sheet on medical marijuana policy.
- Ohio BWC Enacts New Lumbar Fusion Surgery Rule
- Ohio BWC to give $1.5 billion back to employers.
- Ohio Supreme Court denies right to permanent partial disability to injured worker receiving permanent and total disability.