The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) Board of Directors approved a new opioid prescribing rule aimed at preventing opioid dependence and encouraging physicians to employ current best medical practices when treating injured workers with opioids. If approved the rule could become effective as of October 1, 2016. See Ohio BWC Website Summary Here.
Workers Comp News
- Ohio Supreme Court denies right to permanent partial disability to injured worker receiving permanent and total disability.
- Statute of Limitations to File Claims Reduced to 1 year
- Governor Kasich signs Michael Louis Palumbo Jr. Act
- Ohio law firm challenges BWC’s privacy statute
- BWC changes to prospective rating for employers