Governor Kasich recently signed the Michael Louis Palumbo Jr. Act. This act creates a rebuttable presumption that a firefighter who develops cancer did so while in the course and scope of and arising out of employment. To read more about this new law click here. To see the full text of the new law click here.
Workers Comp News
- Public Employers to save $21 million on latest WC rate cut
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation issues fact sheet on medical marijuana policy.
- Ohio BWC Enacts New Lumbar Fusion Surgery Rule
- Ohio BWC to give $1.5 billion back to employers.
- Ohio Supreme Court denies right to permanent partial disability to injured worker receiving permanent and total disability.