Columbus – Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) Administrator/CEO Steve Buehrer announced today that seven individuals were convicted of, or pleaded guilty to, charges related to defrauding Ohio’s workers’ compensation system in September 2015. These court actions are the result of investigations conducted by BWC’s Special Investigations Department (SID). Click here for article.
Workers Comp News
- Ohio Supreme Court denies right to permanent partial disability to injured worker receiving permanent and total disability.
- Statute of Limitations to File Claims Reduced to 1 year
- Governor Kasich signs Michael Louis Palumbo Jr. Act
- Ohio law firm challenges BWC’s privacy statute
- BWC changes to prospective rating for employers